Q: What is Pre-Treatment Care?
- Please give a close shave to the areas receiving treatment the morning of your appointment. For harder to reach places we can provide assistance just prior to application of our laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams, and/or antiperspirants. (You can, of course, remove these applications in the treatment room prior to the session.)
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning 2 weeks leading up to treatments. Although we can safely treat darker skin by scaling down the level of energy, doing so makes the applications less effective. Also, avoid sunless tanning products leading up to your appointments.
- Do not wax or pluck 3 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal.
- Do not bleach any hair to be treated, or lighten its color.
- You must advise us of any medications you're currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increases sensitivity to light.
Q: What is Post-Treatment Care?
- Do not shower for 24 hours after your treatment. If you need to shower please make it a cooler shower and do not use anything abrasive on the area.
- No excessive sweating for 24 hours after your treatment. (No working out, no saunas, no swimming, no hot yoga etc...)
- No deodorant for 24 hours after your treatment if you are getting laser on the underarm area.
- No makeup for 24 hours after your treatment if you are getting laser on the face, mineral makeup is okay.
- No sun exposure for 1 week after your treatment. (Preferrably no sun exposure to the area at all.)
- If irritation occurs you may use Polysporin ointment or Aloe Vera gel.
Q: How does the LightSheer Diode Laser System work?
A: The system emits near-infrared laser light that is absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicle. The laser is pulsed, or turned on, for only a fraction of a second. The duration of each pulse is just long enough to damage the follicle, while the system's unique, patented contact-cooling handpiece, the ChillTip, helps protect the skin by conductive cooling during the laser energy delivery.
Q: What advantages does the LightSheer have over other laser hair removal systems?
A: The LightSheer Diode Laser System was designed from the ground up for laser hair removal, so it has the wavelength, fluence, pulse width, and active epidermal cooling system—the ChillTip ideally suited for laser hair removal. Lumenis has been in the business of making medical and cosmetic lasers for more than 30 years. No other hair removal systems offers its product excellence.
Q: Why should I use the LightSheer Diode Laser System rather than the methods I've been using for years?
A: The LightSheer Diode Laser System's design provides for enhanced comfort during treatment, speed and accuracy. Since the system uses a unique cooling handpiece, it minimizes skin irritation that other methods may create. Because the system is fast, it allows for larger areas to be treated, considerably increasing the efficiency of the hair removal process. Finally, the LightSheer Diode Laser is a precise instrument that can be adjusted to damage only the hair follicle while minimally affecting the surrounding skin.
Q: Does the LightSheer work on tanned or different skin colors?
A: The LightSheer diode laser system safely and effectively treats all skin types as well as tanned skin.
Q: Are the Results Permanent?
A: The LightSheer laser has been cleared by the FDA for hair removal and permanent hair reduction on all skin types and tanned skin. To achieve a satisfactory level of clearance, 3-5 treatments are typically required.